Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Federal Government Causing Cancer?

The TSA has been caught covering up a surge in cases where their workers are developing cancer as a result of close proximity to body scanners in airports.  They have found "cancer clusters" among TSA workers that have been linked to the radiation emitted from their body scanners.

Not only that...but we now learn that the TSA and the Department of Homeland Security publicly mischaracterized the findings of the National Institute of Standards and Technology in stating that NIST had positively confirmed the safety of the scanners.

In actuality, NIST warned TSA workers to avoid standing next to the scanners.

Beyond that, a Johns Hopkins study revealed that radiation zones around body scanners could exceed the general public dose limit.

And as I wrote in my blog on November 17, 2010, other professionals estimate that the scanners could deliver 20 times the safe limit of radiation!

I stated that we cannot trust the government to give us the straight scoop and I was right.

Think about it....Your whole body is getting a dose of radiation when it passes through the airport body scanners.  X-rays are a form of ionizing radiation.  This causes unnatural chemical reactions inside the cells in your body....and these reactions can cause the cells to become cancerous.

Again, I will NOT let somebody x-ray my body when there is no benefit to me.

I feel sorry for the workers whose lives may be cut short because of the government's decision to employ full-body scanners in airports.

No comments:

Post a Comment