Friday, November 19, 2010

A Little Wisdom From Charles Barkley

For those of you who do not know, Charles Barkley was a basketball player.  He generally carried too much weight (Hence the nickname, the "Round Mound of Rebound") and was not as tall as other guys playing his position.  But "Sir Charles" made the most of his talent and was often an all-star.

I enjoyed watching him during his years with the Phoenix Suns.  And I get a kick out of his commentaries now, as a TV basketball analyst. (We'll forgive him for having the worst golf swing on the planet.)

Here are some of my favorite Charles Barkley quotations:

“These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me. They won't make you rebound like me. They definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.”

“The only difference between a good shot and a bad shot is if it goes in or not.”

“My family got all over me because they said Bush is only for the rich people. Then I reminded them, 'Hey, I'm rich'.”

“I know I'm never as good or bad as one single performance. I've never believed in my critics or my worshippers, and I've always been able to leave the game at the arena.”

“I don't care what people think. People are stupid.”



No comments:

Post a Comment