What’s the dealio with TV commercials?
Why can’t they all be like the ones shown during the Super Bowl?
I’ve heard of non-football fans who actually watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials! (These folks are small in number, kind of like the rare breed of men who buy Playboy magazine only for the articles.)
I suppose that the marketing and advertising wizards write the commercials to appeal the the target audience for any particular program and/or station.
Does that mean that football fans are more intelligent, driven by logic, common sense and an appreciation for a sense of humor vs. let’s say kids, the elderly or hanging-around-the-house-during-the-day couch potatoes?
Sometimes I think there is a conspiracy at work. Armed with the sophisticated remote and lightning-quick fingers, I have become a master at avoiding the commercials. Or so I thought. Now, I can switch to 5 or 6 different channels and they ALL have commercials on at the same time!
And why is it that the volume on the TV suddenly ratchets up 50 decibels when a commercial comes on? Do the advertisers think we aren’t listening to the regular programs? Come on, you idiots! If you think that’s the way to get our attention, you are wrong! It’s simply annoying!
If there are rules for how many commercials can be shown for any given length of program, then these rules must allow for more commercial time than programming time late at night! I’ve actually timed some shows and learned that they have 6 minutes of commercials for every 4 minutes of program!
But, alas, I shouldn’t complain too much. It’s unlikely that you will even find me watching regular TV these days. I’m usually only watching DVR programs where I super-fast-forward thorough the commercials or one of my Netflix choices.
Still, can the gecko really save me money on my car insurance?
No comments:
Post a Comment