The word, "Vegan" sounds strange, doesn't it? Saying you're a vegan is almost like saying you're a Martian.
But, that's what I've become recently. (Bill Clinton had NO influence on this choice!)
So, I no longer eat or drink anything that once had either a face and/or a mother. That means nothing that comes from another animal - including dairy.
I, long ago, realized that milk was not something that I should consume. How did I know this? I "listened" to my body....and noticed that milk did NOT do this body any good. Humans consume milk after infancy because the dairy industry has told us a lie for years and years. The only thing that a cow's milk is good for is calves!
No other mammal species continues to drink milk after infancy. And they certainly don't drink the milk of another species.
Beyond that, it's not necessary. There are plenty of calcium sources elsewhere.
We were not biologically engineered to eat meat. And that's hard for me to say because there was nothing I liked better than a good steak.
However, I feel 100% better on the vegan diet. My body is telling me that I'm giving it the "good stuff" now.
No comments:
Post a Comment