The TV show that captured hearts and imaginations last year started out….well….gleeful!
We had a bunch of Ohio high school kids with talented voices who sang and danced in the Glee Club. They worried about being labeled as nerds. They got slushies tossed in their faces by the jocks. They wrestled with typical teenage issues…popularity, lust and parental confrontations.
In addition, they had a female P.E. teacher who was over-the-top nutzo. I don’t now how Ohio would deal with a teacher like Sue Sylvester, but in California the attorneys would be lining up to handle all the litigation served in her direction!
This was a fun show to watch.
That is, until now.
I suppose the writers in Hollywood are always trying to “push the envelope.” Or maybe they have just become bored or run out of fresh ideas. Clearly the writing staff has a majority of gay advocates in its ranks.
Rather than seeing the regular cast of kids, we’re now seeing more and more of the “Warblers” all guys’, flamingly homosexual glee club, complete with full-mouth, guy-to-guy kissing. (“Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”)
Well, Seinfeld may have been right, but I’m sorry….call me old-fashioned….seeing two guys making out with each other isn’t gleeful for me. It’s just disgusting and repulsive. I don’t consider myself a homophobe by any means. I’m just not interested in watching that kind of stuff.
Bring back the April Rhodes character! (Played by Kristen Chenoweth.) She could do the show all by herself and I’d be entertained.
To the writers and producers of the recent episodes; picture me with my finger and thumb making the “L” sign on my forehead and with the other hand, throwing a giant slushy in your face!
No comments:
Post a Comment