Sunday, October 31, 2010

Heart Attack or Cancer?

One cannot watch TV or listen to the radio these days without being bombarded by political commercials.  I cannot wait until this Tuesday is history!

Each and every commercial is a negative blast of the opponent and as near as I can tell, only semi-truthful.

As far as the propositions go….the greedy special interest groups have so twisted and distorted the real issues, that confused voters don’t even know how to vote or the reasons behind their choices.

It’s a disgrace and it all turns my stomach.

Chief political rivals in California are Meg Whitman and Jerry Brown.  As one put it…”a choice between a heart attack and cancer.”  Meg, former ebay billionaire, has already personally spent $140 million in hopes of getting a job paying $212,000 a year.  What’s wrong with that picture?  (Give me $140 million and I’m out of here, living on my own tropical island with my wife, kids and grandkids, all of us being taken care of by personal valets.)

Jerry “Moon Beam” Brown was a governor in the 1970’s.  He wants to do it again, and will probably be elected, which means a liberal nut leading the majority of liberal nuts in the state legislature.

It’s no wonder politicians have such a low approval rating. 

I always advise people seeking to hire new employees that the best way to predict future performance is to evaluate past behaviors.

People don’t change that much.  And if the electorate, who is reported to be 70% moderate to conservative, had examined the past behavior of Mr. Obama, and voted on that vs. his slick rhetoric and empty promises, he would never have gotten into office.

But then we would have the other choice sitting in the oval office….and I’m not sure he would have been any better.

What do you do when your choice is between a heart attack and cancer?

2 comments:

  1. Wise, wise man! Oh, how I have missed your wisdom! But alas, you are back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turns out Meg Whitman personally spent $160 million - and still lost to her recycled opponent.

    An old song heralded, "California, Here I Come, Right Back Where I Started From..." Very few people humming that tune today.

    ReplyDelete